WIND TURBINE DECOMMISSIONING
Decommissioning Wind Turbines
Global Fiberglass Solutions Inc. has experience in decommissioning and recycling wind turbines.
Global Fiberglass Solutions Inc has decommissioned and recycled a number of wind turbine blades that have outlived their lifespan. The lifespan of a typical wind turbine is 15 to 20 years, though the fiberglass can last well over 400 years in a landfill.
This process provides an environmentally sustainable alternative for reuse of wind turbine blades that are damaged or non-functional. New products are created that can then be resold in consumer or industrial settings. This alternative to placing scrap material in the landfill or incinerator creates a sustainable solution for fiberglass waste.
We specialize in:
• On site removal of wind turbine blades
• Transportation of the structure after dissassembly
• Cutting down of the wind turbine blades
• Grinding of the blades into reusable feedstock
• Creating new products from the feedstock